Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Apatosaurus

Apatosaurus
My friend Kristen used to want to ride a dinosaur to school. I imagine this is the kind she'd ride :) It is essential that it is purple for some reason. What was your dino's name, Kristen?

Apatosaurus sketch
I wanted to show some of the process I went through drawing this. First, I looked at some of the dino pictures I took at the Field Museum last week and sketched out the apatosaurus with a light pencil.

Apatosaurus refining sketch
Then I refined the sketch some with a colored pencil on top. After that I used a window as a light box to hold a new piece of paper over my sketch and trace him in purple marker and colored in with some crayons.

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! It looks just like Zark, my imaginary dinosaur friend! I want to pet his big feet!

    ReplyDelete