Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bird Pin

Cawwww

On Thursday on my vacation, I went to the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago. I checked out an exhibit by Tim Parsons and Jessica Charlesworth where they created the exhibit out of materials found at the MCA that could be returned unharmed when the exhibit was over. I enjoyed how surprisingly comfy the chairs they made out of boards and packing blankets were.

Where I Made Bird Pin

They had a table where visitors were encouraged to make an Art Pin out of paper ephemera bought from thrift stores, shaped hole punches, card stock and glue sticks. I used a small bird advertisement, some kind of map of water for clouds, and a lovely stripy blue red advertisement. The pieces of advertisement were glued on card stock and just clipped together with the bulldog clip.

Bird Pin
Wearing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment