Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Put A Bird On It

Put a Bird on It
I spent most of the evening trying to learn a bunch of sophisticated stitches for my embroidery class. I'm making a sampler of sorts. It went.......okay. I think I left my StitchinBrain at work under the desk. I was having trouble following directions. I have to rework some of it later this week.

So, at the end of the evening, I used one of the new stitches I feel confident I learned. It is the Coral Stitch and I used it to make this bird. The stitch makes little knots along the line of stitching and works up pretty quickly. The bird is small enough it could go on a onesie like my little sheep from a few days ago.

Why a bird? Watch this video.... it gets totally odd at the end...I like the beginning part best

1 comment:

  1. Aww he's really sweet - I love birds!
    That stitch looks really good as the outline.

    ReplyDelete