Monday, June 20, 2011

Let It Glow Lantern - Super Mario Style

Let it Glow Design
Tonight's critter is the cute Invincibility Star from Super Mario games. He's all gussied up with some red and blue streamers in preparation for the Fourth of July.

Let it Glow Lantern
He is embroidered on canvas using backstitch and split stitch with various glass beads attached.

Let it Glow Lantern
And he is attached to a mason jar. Why is he attached to a mason jar?

Let it Glow Lantern Glowing
So he can glow! There is an cinnamon apple scented tea-light in there :) I need to make a few more for the deck railing someday soon!

This is from my embroidery class that started today - I think there's still time to join in here!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love his cute little eyes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you Super-Mario-ized it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I stitched my first last night, have another transfered, and drew my own design for a third, but I still need to photograph them. Later this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete