Monday, January 31, 2011
I tried to teach myself gussets. The gusset here is the underbelly of the pony and the inside of her legs. It makes her stand up more like a real pony. But since I made the pattern so small (she fits in the palm of my hand) it was really really hard to sew and turn right side out. I used a pair of tweezers, a chopstick, and a bamboo skewer to poke poke pull poke nudge poke poke her limbs into place. OY!
I understand the technique now and that was the whole point to trying this pattern. And I remembered how to attach hair to the mane of the pony from a crochet doll technique I used once. The tail is totally a tassel I made that I tucked inside and sewed in place as I stuffed her.
<---- The gussets ---->