Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sleepy Kitten

IMG_5412

I found a blog recently by a lady named Care called "Obsessively Stitching" that is totally inspiring. Last week she posted about making the Sleepy Kittens from the movie "Despicable Me". That movie was nuts and the kitten book was a beam of cuteness in the middle of movie strangeness. When the tutorial came up today I HAD to make a Sleepy Kitten.

IMG_5415

I had felt on hand instead of fleece and I hand stitched the kitty. The technique of stitching on the pattern and then cutting away excess is totally new to me. I can think of some ways to use it for elaborate patterns on a toy or for tiny facial features like this. Thanks so much for posting this tutorial, Obsessively Stitching!

IMG_5390
With my sleepy kitten, Neo.

2 comments:

  1. Eeeek! Adorable!! And your Neo looks so sweet too! Is he liable to steal your sleepy kitten from you and SLAY him? ;o)

    I'm happy to know the pattern works with felt, too. And your handstitching looks incredible.

    YAY! Thanks for posting a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, but I must say like a bad child, not a kitten, it is an owl" I am in love with the owls in blog land and I must say your Neo looks like an adorable owl to me.. so can your Neo be my owlie???? I love your site. Keep on keeping on. Blessings,
    deanna
    dshouppe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete